Visualisation facilitates the comprehension of research data and can lead to new research discoveries. The Monash Immersive Visualisation Platform supports and accelerates collaborative, visualisation-led discovery in the Big Data era, with applications in academic and commercial research, and translation of research.
| || |
- Collaborative VR platform.
- Scientific, graphics, workflow and UI programming.
- Photogrammetry and LiDAR (laser scan) processing.
At Monash, we design, commission and operate centralised, production-level, high-end display facilities for visualisation and collaboration.
Our focus in the displays we create is to provide:
- lots of pixels - to show today's exquisite resolution data collections.
- lots of compute - to load, process and draw vast data collections; and
- lots of options - supporting single-user head-mounted VR through to telecollaboration on tiled walls.
Our team at Monash brings together the three fantastic ingredients essential to our vision of transforming visualisation practice through innovation:
- experience in many research domains, including geoscience, astronomy, biomedical imaging, archaeology, education, and more;
- skills across the technology spectrum, including in computer graphics, scientific programming, high-performance and parallel computing, 3D and stereoscopic rendering, virtual reality, image rendering and analysis, big data algorithms, and more; and
- the drive and passion for interdisciplinary innovation, to enable new research through the application of immersive visualisation techniques.