RoboCore offers access to laboratory automation for an unlimited number of different applications to assist customers with their research. RoboCore equipment and instrumentation includes ten separate Tecan Freedom Evo workstations, a state-of-the-art Tecan Fluent 1080 workstation equipped with single, 96 and 384 well pipetting as well as additional integrated equipment such as CO2 incubators, plate reader and washers.
As an example, the workstations have been utilised for the following automated procedures:
- Compound library management
- Solid phase extraction (SPE) and sample prep
- Cell-based assays
- Generic liquid handling
- Microtitre plate washing and reading
- Cell culture
- Hybridoma cell fusion
- ELISA screening with commercial kits or custom protocols
- Sandwich ELISA development
- Cell line and supernatant freeze down
RoboCore and MATF also have an ArrayJet Marathon antigen microarray (AMA) spotter to screen the many thousands of potential antibodies generated each week during the production of custom monoclonal antibodies. This state-of-the-art technology provides very high throughput screening that only requires sub-microlitre volumes of antibody rich supernatant to identify the most promising clones for further investigation. The microarray printer can also be used to generate custom arrays of proteins.
We also offer analysis by surface plasmon resonance (SPR), by use of a Biacore T200 to generate real-time data on the affinity, specificity, and interaction kinetics of protein interactions.
MATF and RoboCore platforms provides multiple levels of service for equipment booking:
- Assisted-use (staffed hours) a full service where specialist MATF/RoboCore staff will program and run all assays for customers
- Self-use (staffed hours) for those customers who wish to run their own assays with little assistance
- Self-use (non-staffed hours) for experts who have been fully trained and certified to independently run MATF equipment.