Berkeley Lights Beacon
The Opto™ Plasma B Discovery workflow on the automated Beacon ® enables high-resolution screening of plasma B cells with unprecedented speed.
This instrument allows the user to:
- Directly clone B cells from multiple compartments
- Generate diverse hit panels
- Downselect lead candidates with functional characterization
- Recover re-expressed lead molecules in just 1 week
- Accelerate the time to clinic to realize millions in enabled revenue
Antibodies to any target can be isolated using functional assays:
- Membrane Targets - direct functional profiling of B cells enables discovery of 10-fold more antibodies against GPCRs and other high value targets
- Rare Molecues - access to different species and B cell compartments to screen greater biodiversity
- High Potency Antibodies - screening throughput of up to 100,000 B cells from a single sample allows recovery of higher affinity antibodies
The Opto Plasma B Discovery workflow enables cloning and direct functional profiling of B cells in a single day. These significant time savings not only enable a rapid response to emerging pandemics but can also deliver millions of dollars in enabled revenue and return on investment.
Have high hit rates? No problem! Recover every one with OptoSeq Barcoded BCR.
- Screen up to 50,000 plasma B cells and recover 1000s of hits from a single automated 4-chip workflow
- Run multiple workflows to screen up to 100,000 cells from a single sample to recover >10,000 hits
- Recover antibody sequences with high efficiency using OptoSeq Barcoded BCR
OptoSeq™ Barcoded BCR enables linkage of sequence to function by dual optical and genetic barcoding. Fluorescence signatures of beads are decoded on the Beacon system prior to exporting into specific locations in well plates. The genetic barcodes read by NGS sequencing can then be mapped to each bead, linking every antibody sequence to its corresponding function. The Opto BCR Rapid Re-expression kit converts antibody sequences into molecules in just 1 week for plate-based confirmation assays. Amplified cDNA is cloned into expression constructs in one step, enabling expression of >1,000 antibodies for rapid functional confirmation.
Please note at the current time this instrument is only available for Monash staff and students to use.