Assoc. Prof. Nicholas Ferris
Clinical Head, Monash Biomedical Imaging
MBBS (Hons), M Med, FRANZCR
Tel: +61 3 9905 0103
Fax: +61 3 9902 9817
Dr Ferrisis a clinical radiologist with particular interests in neuroradiology and oncoradiology. After training at the Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, he undertook a neuroradiology fellowship at Duke University Medical Center, returning to participate in the establishment of MRI services at the Alfred, and subsequently at the Geelong and Western Hospitals. He then spent several years at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. He has had a long-standing interest in the clinical evaluation of new MRI techniques.
Affiliations and Memberships
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine
- Australian and New Zealand Society for Neuroradiology
- Australian Neuroscience Society
- Evaluation of newer magnetic resonance imaging techniques
- Radiology informatics
- Gill S, Dang K, Fox C, Bressel M, Kron T, Bergen N, Ferris N, Owen R, Chander S, Tai KH, Foroudi F (2014) Seminal vesicle intrafraction motion analysed with cinematic magnetic resonance imaging. Radiat Oncol. 9:174.
- Styles C, Ferris N, Mitchell C, Murphy D, Frydenberg M, Mills J, Pedersen J, Bergen N, Duchesne G (2014) Multiparametric 3T MRI in the evaluation of intraglandular prostate cancer: correlation with histopathology. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 58(4):439-48.
- Spitz G, Maller JJ, Ng A, O'Sullivan R, Ferris NJ, Ponsford JL (2013) Detecting lesions after traumatic brain injury using susceptibility weighted imaging: a comparison with fluid-attenuated inversion recovery and correlation with clinical outcome. J Neurotrauma. 30(24):2038-50.
- Goergen SK, Pool FJ, Turner TJ, Grimm JE, Appleyard MN, Crock C, Fahey MC, Fay MF, Ferris NJ, Liew SM, Perry RD, Revell A, Russell GM, Wang SC, Wriedt C (2013) Evidence-based guideline for the written radiology report: methods, recommendations and implementation challenges. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 57(1):1-7.
- Lodhia J, Mandarano G, Ferris NJ, Eu P, Cowell S (2010) Development and use of iron oxide nanoparticles (Part 1): Synthesis of iron oxide nanoparticles for MRI. Biomed Imaging Interv J. 6(2):e12.
- Sawyer B, Heng R, Ferris N (2007) Typical magnetic resonance features of a haemangioblastoma, an uncommon nerve root lesion: case report and literature review. Australas Radiol 51 Spec No.:B28-30.
- Ferris NJ, Kavnoudias H, Thiel C, Stuckey S (2007) The 2005 Australian MRI safety survey. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 188(5):1388-94.
- Heinz R, Ferris N, Lee EK, Radtke R, Crain B, Hoffman JM, Hanson M, Paine S, Friedman A (1994) MR and positron emission tomography in the diagnosis of surgically correctable temporal lobe epilepsy. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 15(7):1341-8.
- Tien RD, Felsberg GJ, Ferris NJ, Osumi AK (1993) The dementias: correlation of clinical features, pathophysiology, and neuroradiology. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 161(2):245-55.
- Ferris NJ, Siu KH (1990) Neurofibromatosis 2: report of an affected kindred, with a discussion of imaging strategy. Australas Radiol. 34(3):229-33.
- Ferris NJ, Cragg BG (1984) Organic lead and histological parameters of brain development. Acta Neuropathol. 63(4):306-12.