Flow charts outlining the process for obtaining access to the pre-clinical and clinical facilities at MBI
- Procedure for accessing human research facilities
- Procedure for accessing pre-clinical imaging facilties
- Information sheet for prospective users of the Mediso PET-CT scanner at AMREP
All users need to complete a Project Application form, providing details of project name, Chief Investigator, fund numbers and other details. All projects require a current approved Monash University ethics application. For application forms, support and MBI policies please see the Forms and Policies page.
All MBI bookings are now made on the Australian Research Infrastructure Network (ARIN) online booking system.
Booking an instrument on ARIN
We create an ARIN account for all current MBI users. However, if you do not have an account please contact us and we will create one for you. (Note if you already have an ARIN account in use for another facility you do not need to create a new one, but we need to give you MBI access).
Click here to download instructions or
- Click here to go to MBI bookings on ARIN and log in using your ARIN username.
- Select Monash University (Institution), and Monash Biomedical Imaging (Facility).
- Select your MBI project (Project) and the Chief Investigator (if there is more than one). The funding source should automatically populate.
- Choose an instrument (Instruments) and the type of booking you require (Assistance level) - this will normally be assisted or unassisted.
- Select the appropriate time and date.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select 'make reservation'
HINT: Before "making a reservation" save the booking as a "favourite". Then when you come to make another booking for the same project choose "Dashboard" on the left side menu and choose the name of your "favourite" and click on the magnifying glass. The details will automatically populate. You can then change the time and date for your booking.
Please contact the MBI Manager at email@example.com or ph: 03 9905 0100 if you require further assistance accessing the facilities.