Prof. Joanne Etheridge
Director of MCEM
Joanne Etheridge joined Monash University in 2002 as a Senior Lecturer and subsequently led the establishment of the Monash Centre for Electron Microscopy
|Visiting Professor, Brockhouse Institute, McMaster University, Canada||2005 - 2008|
|Royal Society University Research Fellow, Dept of Materials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge, UK||1999 - 2003|
|Fellow, Newnham College, University of Cambridge||1999 - 2002|
|Senior Research Associate, Dept of Materials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge||1997 - 1998|
|Rosalind Franklin Research Fellow, Newnham Collage & Dept of Materials Science & Metallurgy, University of Cambridge||1994 - 1997|
Joanne is interested in the development of new methods for determining the atomic structure and bonding in materials using electron microscopy and diffraction. She also applies electron microscopy to investigate structure-property relationships in functional materials, including perovskite, nanostructured and nanoparticle systems.
She has particular interests in the theory and application of atomic resolution electron microscopy and diffraction using electron beams which can be focussed to a diameter smaller than an atom.
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering - (MTE4598).
- Specialist lectures for MCEM.
A range of projects are available in the above areas. Please contact Prof. Etheridge for further information.
Selected Professional Activities
- Editorial Board of "Microscopy" (Oxford University Press).
- International Union of Crystallographers (IUCr) - Commission on Electron Crystallography (2007 - 2014).
- Australian Academy of Science - National Committee for Materials Science and Engineering (2014 - ).
- Australian Academy of Science - National Committee for Crystallography (2013 - ).
- Australian Academy of Science - National Nanotechnology Research Strategy (2011).
- Bragg Institute, ANSTO Programme Advisory Committee (2014 - ).
- Society of Crystallographers in Australia and NZ - Council Member (2013 - ).