Long-read DNA sequencing is a core service and has been in operation at Micromon Genomics since 1993. Great pride is taken to offer the highest possible quality, long reads and very fast turnaround. Our objective is to provide a fully-personalised and custom service. Client support is a hallmark of our service and staff are always available to assist you with comprehensive troubleshooting and technical advice. Samples are individually monitored from receipt to data despatch and all results are extensively assessed during data processing so that you achieve the best possible outcomes from your sequencing.
Micromon offers two key services:
- capillary separation only
- fully customised service that comprises both the cycle sequencing and separation (sequencing from purified DNA)
Turnaround from receipt of an order is between 6-24 hours for capillary separation only, and 24-60 hours for the full sequencing reaction and separation service, dependent upon the time of the day your samples are received at our facility.
Additional enhanced basecall analysis using PeakTrace is available on request (standard inclusion for all industry-based customers). This optional extra usually provides increased basecall resolution and read length.
Additional options are available on request which include:
- Specialised, custom cycle sequencing protocol for templates with complex secondary structure and difficult to sequence templates
- PCR product purification prior to the cycle sequencing (extension) reaction
- Enhanced sequence analysis using the PeakTrace basecaller for increased basecall resolution and read length.
Micromon will accept any type of purified DNA template for sequencing, including:
***All template DNA submitted MUST be purified, including template DNA generated from PCR reactions.
- Plasmid DNA
- PCR product
- Large DNA eg.BACs, Cosmids and small bacterial genomes (please speak with our staff prior to submitting any large DNA samples)
Samples are accepted in both tube and plate format with pricing and processing throughput structured accordingly.
An iLab account is required to access our Sanger sequencing services and you will need to contact Micromon Genomics to obtain the login details for our FTP server if you are a customer, external to Monash University. Please contact us for further information on any matter relevant to our Sanger sequencing service.