Bystander, Respect, Intimate Partner Violence and Gender in Higher Education Training
BRIGHT is a peer-led, interactive training session aimed at supporting respectful relationships and gender equality in our community. You’ll learn about gender-based violence, how to recognise harmful behaviour and how you can intervene safely if you notice it. At the end of the session, you’ll have the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to be positive agents for change.
This training is mandatory for student leaders and highly recommended for aspiring student leaders.
The session will focus on:
- understanding the link between gender inequality and gender-based violence
- developing your confidence to challenge problem behaviours, comments and attitudes in various situations
- providing practical bystander tools to challenge any form of discrimination and harassment
- learning how to appropriately respond if someone tells you about a sexual assault, and identifying your role in this situation
- learning about the resources, reporting options and support services available through our community networks for victims and survivors.
BRIGHT online (delivered through Zoom)
Audience: All students
Duration: 90 minutes
BRIGHT face-to-face training
Audience: Student leaders or student organisations, clubs or societies
Duration: 1.5 hours or 2 hours for tailored content
We can customise a training session for a specific audience. To request a customised workshop, email email@example.com.