Responding to disclosures of sexual violence
This online course will teach you how to respond with support and respect if someone confides in you about sexual violence. The training is suitable for everyone at Monash, but if you’re a member of staff or a student leader, it’s particularly important that you complete this course so that you’re prepared for your role.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- define sexual violence
- understand the prevalence of sexual violence
- explain why it’s difficult for victims/survivors to sexual violence
- respond to a disclosure of sexual violence without causing further harm or trauma to the victim/survivor
- identify key services available to victims/survivors of sexual violence
- describe self-care practices that can help victims/survivors of sexual violence.
Audience: all members of the Monash community
Duration: approximately 1 hour