New Study Patterns
New study patterns
- Lectures and tutorials take up part of the day. You must plan your own long and short term timetables.
- For every one-hour lecture or tutorial about two hours of private study will be necessary.
- Assignments tend to be long and not frequent. They are usually set many weeks ahead.
- Wide reading is essential. You may be given a reading list, but you should read other sources as well.
- Lecture groups may be large. It is up to you to approach your lecturer or tutor if you are having difficulties.
- You will have to identify and make notes on the main points in lectures and texts.
- You must acknowledge all your sources. To avoid plagiarism, you will need to learn referencing skills.
- You are expected to develop independent thinking by:
- memorising information,
- asking questions,
- examining evidence, and
- thinking critically.