- Available to domestic and international students
- Can be paid or unpaid depending on the industry partner
- Available in a wide range of host organisations, including for profit and not-for profit
- Includes academic and work supervisor assessment activities
- Students can find their own industry placements and projects.
Application and Approval Process:
Select a suitable placement type
Option A – Monash Sourced Placement: Choose this option if you want the Faculty to find you a suitable placement. Note that this is a competitive process.
Information about the Monash Sourced placements
Option B – Student Sourced Placement: You may wish to approach a host organisation of your own choosing and find yourself a placement. For more details on how to find your own placement, see the Information about Student Sourced placements
According to current DFAT advice, students are not permitted to travel to undertake any programs overseas at this time. Therefore, until further notice, only students residing in their country of citizenship or permanent residency may undertake a placement offshore.
You must provide evidence of your residency and required insurances in the country of placement and you will be required to register with Monash Abroad (see below for details). Depending on the location of your placement, your placement may need to be 100% remote.
Please read the information below to ensure you understand the application process and requirements and please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.