- Applicants must be currently employed in the School of Chemistry. Funds are not to be used to support ongoing academic staff salaries, travel or research activities.
- Funding of up to $100,000 can be applied for.
- Consumables, salaries and travel funds are eligible. Equipment and Infrastructure funding are not eligible. Examples of supported activities include: Travel to conferences for RAs. Bridging funds for ECRs awaiting fellowship outcomes. Training for RAs in new methods or instruments. Salary buyouts for RAs to undertake research of interest to them.
- The funding justification is commensurate with the amount requested.
- The proposed work must be original discovery ‘quirky’ research. Focused on new directions for the applicant.
- The application should include: An outline of the proposed research, budget and how these funds would assist the person in their career aspirations and a CV (pure output preferred). Outline any career interruptions to date.
- Successful applicants will be requested to write a brief letter to the donor acknowledging the funding and report upon completion outlining how the funds were used and how this benefitted them.
How to apply
Apply online: Application funding
Applications must be received by January 31 2022