How to Apply for a Graduate Research Degree in the School of Mathematical Sciences
- Find a potential supervisor (by communicating via email). You are required to have a supervisor who agrees to supervise you before you can apply. Visit Academic Staff to view the staff and research groups. Information about possible projects and supervisors: Research Supervisor Matrix. You are required to have a Skype or personal interview with a potential supervisor.
- Submit your formal online Expression of Interest to apply. This must be submitted no later than 4 weeks prior to the closing date of the relevant Monash University postgraduate scholarship round*. Please ensure you provide the proposed supervisor, all your academic transcripts, your CV, English proficiency test results (if English is not your first language) and any information about research publications you have authored. Submit your formal online EOI: Expression of Interest Form.
The EOI form asks that your documents are provided as a URL to a single pdf shared via Google drive or Drop Box. Please ensure that the documents you are sharing enable 'all' to view them.
- Apply online for Candidature or Candidature and Scholarships. Once your expression of interest is approved you will obtain a formal invitation from the School. You will then be able to apply for Postgraduate Candidature and /or Scholarships. An invitation to apply is not a guarantee that an offer of candidature or scholarship will be made by Monash University.
Once you have your invitation to apply, Apply Online.
You may apply for Postgraduate Candidature at anytime
- To apply for any research scholarship you need to have a minimum of first-class honours (H1) 80% or above in relevant units. Full details of all scholarships are available from the MGE Scholarships page.*All central scholarship applications must be lodged centrally by the deadline of (i) 31 March and 31 August for International students and (i) 31 May and 31 October for Domestic students (Australian & New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents)
- Contact us. If you have further enquiries about a Postgraduate Degree or Research Scholarships, please contact email@example.com
*Eligibility. You must have BSc Hons (or equivalent) with second-class honours (H2A a mark of 70% or above) for a PhD program and an upper H2B (a mark of 65% or above) for MSc. For scholarships you need first-class honours (H1 80% or above) or equivalent. Check your English Language proficiency for entry into a Postgraduate Program. If English is not your first language, you will need to meet the required English Language proficiency requirements for entry see English Language Proficiency). IELTS/TOEFL test results (if applicable) cannot be more than two years old.