Return with Tennis
In line with the University's Reactivation Roadmap, the Monash Sport Clayton tennis courts will reopen for bookings to University students, staff and community members on Monday 4 October. Bookings are available between 11am-6pm on weekdays.
Bookings are essential
- Bookings are free of charge.
- Participants need to book online or by phone to allow appropriate tracking and capacity limit restriction measures are maintained.
- Bookings are free of charge to encourage participation from University students, staff and community members.
- Participants must reside within 15km of Monash Sport Clayton (participants may be required to show their drivers licence to a Monash Sport staff member at the time of check-in to ensure they are within the 15km travel radius).
- Bookings can be made 7 days in advance.
- This promotional period is Monday 4 October - Friday 5 November (inclusive).
- Singles play can return for two people for participants who are not fully vaccinated.
- Doubles play can return for five people from no more than two households for fully vaccinated participants. Participants must carry proof of vaccination and will be required to show this to the Monash Sport staff member at the time of check-in. Proof of vaccination is in the format of presenting your COVID-19 vaccination record through the MyGov App.*
- As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, in the instance where a person that has obtained certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable, due to a medical contraindication, to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine; they are classified as an excepted person and are classified as fully vaccinated for the categories outlined above.
- Competition is not permitted.
*Please be assured that the University, including Monash Sport, will not collect or record any health information of participants. Our onsite staff member based at the check-in point will sight your vaccination record to grant tennis court access.
On the day
- Only attend Monash Sport if you have a confirmed booking.
- All participants on the booking are to report to the Doug Ellis Swimming Pool service desk, located at 36 Scenic Boulevard (opposite the Merchant supermarket).
- All participants are required to check-in via the Service Victoria QR code on entry to the Doug Ellis Swimming Pool service desk, and again at the Monash Sport tennis courts.
- A face mask must be worn everywhere and at all times, except if a medical exemption applies. It can be removed when playing tennis.
- Remember to bring your own equipment as equipment hire (i.e. tennis racquets and balls) is currently unavailable.
- Indoor facilities, including toilets and change rooms, will remain closed.
You must not attend your booking if you are feeling unwell, and/or displaying symptoms associated with COVID-19 – even if they are mild. Please follow all measures set out in the University’s COVID Safe plan.
Bookings are available between 11am-6pm on weekdays. Please contact the Monash Sport Clayton Service Desk for further information or for assistance with a booking on (03) 9905 4102. University’s COVID Safe plan..