Indigenous Leaders Program
This year-long program equips select first-year Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students with the confidence and skills to lead effectively. The program connects participants with Indigenous leaders and elders from the local community, as well as with invited guests from the Monash University staff, student and alumni community.
Participants have the opportunity to:
- complete at least four Leap into Leadership Online skill development modules
- attend three leadership development events
- gain access to the annual Monash University Student Leadership Summit
- benefit from skill development tracking using Student Futures
- celebrate their achievements at the end of program graduation ceremony.
- build and develop an understanding of your personal strengths and leadership qualities
- strengthen knowledge of local Aboriginal culture, issues and practices
- enhance your ability to affect positive social change
- develop a network with other Indigenous students studying at Monash
- facilitate your learning from past and present Indigenous leaders.
In order to receive a certificate of completion, participants must:
- complete no less than four Leap Into Leadership modules:
- Module 1 - Goal Achievement: Strategies for Success
- Module 2 - Communicate with Impact: Make Yourself Heard
- Module 3 - Personal Brand: Stand Out From The Crowd
- Module 4 - High-Performing Teams: Work and Win Together
- attend all three program events
- volunteer at least one Yulendj event throughout the year (ie, Experience Day, Elders Day, Hands on Monash Camp).
Participants must be:
- first-year Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander undergraduates
- currently enrolled at a Monash University Victorian campus
- registered with the Yulendj Indigenous Engagement Unit.
There are 10 positions available in the program each year.
Eligible students will be invited by email, to apply online in March. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to a 20-minute interview.
The program begins in April.
For more information please contact the program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.