Getting support and advice

We’re here to support you throughout your time at Monash, with our broad network of services, including free counselling, health and wellbeing support, financial assistance, help finding accommodation, disability services and more. So if you’re finding things are getting on top of you, or you just need some advice or assistance, we encourage you to reach out and get the help you need, when you need it.

For the full range of services on offer, take a look at our student support services web page.

If you’re looking for study support programs, study skills strategies, or other resources to help you with your studies, you’ll find what you need on our study support website.

Support from student associations

Your student association can provide you with free and confidential support, advice, and representation that is completely independent from the University.

To find out more, check out advocacy and support at Monash.


MONSU – Monash Student Union


MSA – Monash Student Association

If you need help, you can make an appointment.


MPSU – Monash Parkville Student Union


MONSU Peninsula – Monash Student Union Peninsula

Graduate students

MGA – Monash Graduate Association (all Australian campuses and locations)

Student rights officers

You can get independent advocacy, advice and assistance from Student Rights Officers (SROs) or their equivalent at your campus.

Student rights officers can:

  • help you prepare for a possible hearing, including advising you on the evidence you should provide to support your written response
  • accompany you at your hearing
  • provide advice in relation to appeals against exclusion.

Got a question? Monash Connect can help