Skip to content


After the Academic Progress Committee makes its decision, you might need to get some advice.

You can see a:

Conditional enrolment

Make sure you meet any conditions the Committee places on your enrolment. If you don't, you may end up being excluded.

Some faculties provide someone to support you during this time.


If you've been excluded, use the time to think about why you came to university and what you really want for your future.

You may want to consider:

  • whether this is the right course or university for you
  • part-time or off-campus study
  • work, instead of study
  • studying in a few years' time, rather than now
  • studying in another country if you're an international student.

If you want to return to study after an exclusion, you need to show that your situation has changed and your academic work has improved (by passing a unit in Open Learning or with another institution, for example).


If you've been excluded, you can appeal only if you believe the proper process was not followed, or you have new information that wasn't available at the time of the hearing.

You must send a 'Notice of Appeal' and supporting documents within the required time frame. See exclusion appeals.

If you did not respond to the Notice of Hearing and did not attend the hearing, you’ll need to apply to the faculty dean for reconsideration of your circumstances. You must do this within the required time frame.

Got a question? Monash Connect can help