Global Officer Program
Are you interested in working with study abroad and exchange students? Did you love your overseas study experience so much that you want to share it with other students? The Global Officer program gives students that studied overseas and students interested in the field of international education a chance to gain professional experience in marketing, advising and administration with Monash Abroad.
Global Officers will spend four to eight hours per week working at Monash Abroad on projects and events. Some of the projects that Global Officers have done are:
- social media coordination
- building a unit outline database
- collecting student testimonials
- coordinating events such as the regional meet ups
- running a photo competition
They will organise and participate in the major events that Monash Abroad hosts such as incoming student orientation, the Exchange and Experience Expo, and pre-departure orientation. Global Officers gain skills in advising by running open advising sessions for students interested in going overseas.
Global Officers will be paid for the time they spend working on projects and events however there are value-added elements such as excursions and professional development seminars that are done voluntarily.
We are looking for students who are enthusiastic about overseas study and travel, are comfortable speaking to students in small and large settings, are self-motivated and work well with others.
Interested in being a Global Officer?
To be eligible you must:
- be a current Monash student studying at an Australian campus and able to work at the Clayton campus
- have participated in a Monash Abroad program or have a keen interest in student mobility
- be available for a compulsory training day and incoming orientation
- be able to commit to the program for one year
Applications for the Semester 2, 2018 intake of Global Officers are now closed.
To register your interest in the program for future semesters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org from your Monash email account with your area of study and where you studied overseas.