Managing emergencies abroad
The following services and resources are available to help you manage emergencies and incidents while you are overseas. In a true, non-academic emergency, please refer to our emergency contacts information.
Fullerton Health Assistance
+61 3 9312 5191
Fullerton Emergency Assist is the emergency support provider connected to the Student Travel Insurance policy. In an emergency medical situation, you should contact Fullerton Health Assistance immediately. They will assist with the following:
- Provide advice on reputable hospitals, English-speaking doctors
- Arrange for payment of medical services
- Support emergency mental health incidents
- Arrange emergency medical evacuations
- Support during crises and natural disasters
Registering with the AlertTraveler App
Monash Abroad students have access to the AlertTraveler App through the Monash Abroad Portal system. Once you have been committed and/or enrolled in your Monash Abroad program, your International Education Coordinator will provide you with instructions about downloading the app.
The app will connect you with global safety staff at Monash Abroad through the check-in request page. If there is an incident in your area, according to GPS status, you can easily confirm your safety with Monash Abroad. In the app, you will also receive up-to-date alerts and emergency contact details for your location.
Monash University is committed to preventing sexual violence in our community, including on learning abroad programs. To prevent incidents of sexual violence from occurring, we have taken the following actions:
- All Monash students are required to complete Respect at Monash module
- Students receive regional-specific information about gender issues and travel safety for LGBTIQ+ during pre-departure orientation to prepare for cultural differences overseas
- Monash staff leading student groups are trained in Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Assault
- Monash is committed to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Preventing Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH) Policy - see Monash PSEAH Framework