Allocation and Nomination for semester-length applications
After you submit your application to Monash Abroad, you will receive an automated email from the Monash Abroad Portal confirming that you have submitted your application. Your application will go through two rounds of assessment;
- Monash Abroad assessment: meeting the minimum eligibility requirements and attendance of the relevant advising sessions.
- Faculty assessment: confirmation that the proposed units in your study plan can be approved and that you have sufficient space in your degree for your exchange to be approved.
Once both of these steps are confirmed, you will progress through the next three phases: the Allocation Phase, the Nomination Phase, and finally, the Host Institution Acceptance. Read more about what each of these phases involves below.
If during this process you wish to withdraw your application, please let Monash Abroad know as soon as possible, and follow the guidelines below for doing this.
Next steps after Host Institution Acceptance
- Once you have received an acceptance letter from the host institution, it will be uploaded to your MAP application and prompt your faculty to enrol you in exchange units.
- You will then be required to complete additional administrative tasks in MAP to complete your application.
- Following this, you will need to attend a compulsory Pre-Departure information session to help prepare you for studying overseas and to provide you with the opportunity to meet other students who may be studying in the same university or country as you.
We strongly recommend that you check your emails regularly, as this will be our way of communicating with you about your application.