Education Studies - D4001
This course is designed to orient students to the field of education at a postgraduate level. It is suited to students who have a first qualification in a discipline other than education. It is also a pathway for students who do not yet meet the entry requirements for the Master of Education.
It provides you with an understanding of concepts and contemporary issues in education and of educational contexts and systems, locally and globally. It develops knowledge and understanding of major theoretical and professional debates in specialist areas within the field of education and locates these within contemporary research. Through your studies, you will:
- acquire knowledge of foundational concepts and traditions in education
- develop understanding of recent issues and debates across policy and practice
- apply critical perspectives on substantive and contemporary issues and ideas
- demonstrate analytical skills in evaluating, synthesising and communicating academic concepts
- build confidence in academic practice at an advanced level.
Completion of this course positions students to pursue education-related careers and/or further study in education. Credit will be granted for equivalent units in the Master of Education (D6002).
At a glance
|Start date||First Semester (February) Second Semester (July)|
|Qualification||Graduate Certificate of Education Studies|