Business and Information Technology - B2017
Business and Information Technology
Bachelor degree/Bachelor degree
Businesses, big and small, rely on technology and information systems to operate successfully in a rapidly changing global market.
Combining Business and Information Technology gives you the skills to apply business principles and knowledge across the IT sector or to assist businesses to implement new technological advances. You have the opportunity to explore areas of interest or develop new ones; or combine your majors to develop key skills.
This course leads to two separate degrees:
- the Bachelor of Business, and
- the Bachelor of Information Technology.
You will gain all the benefits of each degree course and be fully equipped to pursue a career in either field separately or to combine the two in your chosen work.
Together this combination gives you a variety of career opportunities. Depending on the majors you choose, you'll develop the skills to work across information technology, or use your IT skills to work for small businesses or corporations. You could:
- combine majors in Accounting and Software Development to create new software programs for accountants
- mix Games Development and Marketing to help you develop and sell the next big video game
- join Business Information Systems and Business Statistics to work in the growing field of data analytics.
Your combination of skills could also lead to roles in project management, systems management or data analytics. The blend of Information Technology and Business will ensure you have the technical skills required in IT supported with a solid business education that will lead to a successful career.
At a glance
|English||Maths||Sciences / Other|
|First Semester (February), Second Semester (July)|
|Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Information Technology|