TESOL - D6005
Expert master degree
Please note: this course does not provide a recognised initial teaching qualification. Students seeking an initial teaching qualification should refer to the Master of Teaching course.
Do you want to gain specialised knowledge and skills in English language teaching and learning? The Master of TESOL is suitable for a wide range of professionals, educators or prospective educators working in English language teaching in international or local contexts, and leads to a postgraduate qualification in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
The Master of TESOL helps you understand the connections between theory and practice, and the importance of developing strong principles of practice in English language teaching and learning. You will develop an expert understanding of the core principles of language teaching and learning.
You will engage with contemporary theory and practice for additional language acquisition and advanced understanding of, and skills associated with:
- the role of social and cultural contexts in language learning
- a range of communicative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment and planning for teaching in various TESOL contexts
- the evaluation, analysis and design of assessment tasks
- the development and maintenance of bilingualism and biliteracy in formal learning environments
- English language education in local and global contexts
- transcultural and intercultural learning, communication and mobility, including in online learning settings
- the use of digital technologies to support learning.
A flexible course delivery allows you to continue working while completing the course. You can choose to engage via a fully online offering, or to combine this with attendance at face-to-face workshops if you are able and interested.
Graduates of the Master of TESOL are prepared as language teachers of TESOL who can operate with confidence in a changing and increasingly 'internationalised' world.
At a glance
|Duration||1, 1.5 or 2 years full-time depending on prior qualifications. Enrolment in this course must be continuous. See entry requirements.|
|Start date||Semester one (February), Semester two (July)|
|Qualification||Master of TESOL|