Commerce and Computer Science - B2008
Big data is a new frontier in the commercial world, as organisations look for people with the ability to extract data from complex systems and analyse it to affect real change. Combining Commerce and Computer Science gives you the skills to harness big data and commercialise digital innovations or intellectual property.
This course leads to two separate degrees:
- Bachelor of Commerce,
and depending upon your specialisation,
- Bachelor of Computer Science, or
- Bachelor of Computer Science in Data Science.
You will gain all the benefits of each degree course and be fully equipped to pursue a career in either field separately or combine the two in your chosen work.
You have the opportunity to explore areas of interest or develop new ones; or combine your majors to develop key skills.
- Use your mathematical talents in Computer Programming and Actuarial Studies or Econometrics to develop new algorithms.
- Study Finance or Management Studies and pursue general management or business development roles in IT companies and across the IT sector.
- Pair Accounting or Marketing with Computer Science, to develop new technical products or software designed specifically for accountants and marketers.
You will have a wide variety of career opportunities. Regardless of your computer science specialisation or the major you choose, you will develop the technical skills required to work across the computer science and IT sectors and the commerce skills to pursue roles in project management, systems management or data analytics.
At a glance
|English||Maths||Sciences / Other|
|First Semester (February), Second Semester (July)|