- Eligibility criteria for the "Victorian Program for Students with Disabilities Guidelines"
- Aims, responsibilities and membership of the student support group
- The impact of specific disabilities and impairments on learning
- Understanding the student
- Describing entry skill levels and assessment for learning
- Writing long, intermediate and short term goals
- Prioritising what needs to be taught, including Victorian Curriculum F-10
- Assessment and evaluation of student progress
- Evaluation of an individual learning plan
- Implementation of an individual learning plan
- Teaching and learning strategies
- Identifying learning styles
- Behaviour management
- Developing behaviour management plans
- Connecting students to school.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, the course is most relevant for people working with students with special needs.
There is no assessment associated with this course.
This course references the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.
This workshop can contribute to the special needs professional development requirements for VIT registration.