Information Technology - 2638
IT works with industry to research and innovate. Be part of a dynamic field that is changing the way we communicate, the way business is conducted and the way we experience entertainment. IT makes business happen.
The Diploma of Information Technology offered at Monash College leads to a degree in information technology at Monash University.
Five reasons to choose the Diploma of Information Technology:
- A pathway into second year of an information technology degree at Monash University*.
- Learn on campus at Monash Clayton and interact with current students.
- You want to study information technology and would like to make a start on your future degree.
- Receive individual attention – benefit from small class sizes and learning support.
- Study the same curriculum and assessments as first year undergraduate students.
*Entry requirements into Monash College and Monash University apply.
The diploma is offered in two parts. Part 1 is taught at Australian Year 12 level and Part 2 is taught at first year level of an undergraduate degree and Studies provides entry to second year of Monash University Information Technology degrees.
Students are required to complete a wide range of compulsory subjects covering all aspects of information technology. They include data management, networks and algorithmic problem solving. This course is suitable for students who:
- narrowly miss out on the entry scores required for directly entry into Monash University
- need to bridge the gap between their highest qualification and those required for entry to Monash University
- Want an alternative pathway than Year 12 or foundation studies
Choose the Diploma if:
- want to fast-track into second year of an IT degree at Monash University*
- have met the prerequisites in mathematics
- have decided to study computer science or software engineering
- would like to study subjects that directly relate to your future degree.
At a glance
|PART 1: 2 trimester (8 months). PART 2: 2 trimesters (8 months)|
|First Trimester (February), Second Trimester (July), Third Trimester (October)|
|Diploma of Information Technology|