Leading from the Inside Out - PDB1053
Leading from the Inside Out
Professional development short course
Great leaders are great learners. Find out what drives you, so you can help others tap the drive in themselves.
Even the best leaders can find it tough to stay grounded. Especially in an environment that's getting more turbulent – where you're expected to achieve more with less, and often held accountable for a system over which you have little control.
It can be all too easy to lose yourself in this instability, so it's important to get a clear sense of what drives you as a leader. In this uniquely personal exploration of leadership, we'll do just that – diving deep into your energy levels, obstacles and emotional states, so that you can lead and inspire others with steadiness and positivity. No matter what's going on around you.
What you'll learn
Over four weeks, each session will be grounded in contemporary theory, but quickly move to a personal exploration of the topic. Through expert facilitation by a seasoned leader, peer-supported discussions and personal reflection, you'll learn simple frameworks and techniques you can put straight into action.
You'll develop the critical skills to:
- Understand the importance emotions play in a healthy and productive workforce
- Clarify your deepest values and understand how they inform your leadership practice
- Unlock your own "immunity to change" in order to continue your professional growth.
These skills will accelerate your ability to:
- Build the personal resilience that contemporary leadership demands
- Extend your repertoire of power and influence
- Better lead and support your people and teams as they adjust to a different and constantly changing ‘normal’.
Who should attend?
This program is targeted at emerging to mid managers who are looking to align their leadership practice with their values.
At a glance
9, 16, 23 and 30 May
9.30am - 12.30pm
$2195 including GST
Alumni discounted fees
Monash Alumni receive a 20% discount