On successful completion of this unit, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension of the key legal project management concepts and their application with clients.
- Employ key legal project management concepts to compose project management tools such as a Project Proposal and Project Plan.
- Identify and describe how legal departments and law firms are implementing Legal Project Management.
- Adapt legal project lifecycle frameworks to differentiate from other legal professionals.
- Distinguish and practice key skills in stakeholder management, scoping of work, team management, project plans and budgets, scope changes and end-of-matter debriefs.
- Critically evaluate project effectiveness and engage in meaningful reflective practice of project outcomes.
As a qualified experienced lawyer across 3 continents, an entrepreneur and a Judge of the Essential Services Commission Appeals Tribunal, Ms Honig has an outstanding track record in the development, implementation and evaluation of innovation and good governance. Beverley is the chief examiner of newlaw subjects at Monash University, including Entrepreneurship Law, Legal Project Management, and Blockchain and Digital Security Law. She is a published author of several books, including the leading textbook on Project Management, and the theory defining textbook on Contract Management. She is an accomplished public speaker and conference facilitator. As Chief Executive of Honeylight Enterprises, a professional Services firm named one of Westpac Bank’s top 200 Businesses of Tomorrow”, described by Deloitte as “Unlocking some of Australia’s $70 billion economic potential”. With her expertise as a technology entrepreneur, and the cofounder of First Nations Blockchain, an Aboriginal Enterprise that protects the provenance and cultural IP of Indigenous Artists.
She holds a number of board positions, including Chairman of Greenville Developments (Upcycled Shipping container buildings, and Director of Australia Israel Chamber of Commerce for over 25 years. She is previous Board Director of MMA (largest wholesale market in Southern Hemisphere), Director, Centre for Adult Education (innovative school for all ages), and Chairman OET (leading Occupational English testing for overseas Health Professionals). For many years, Beverley held senior executive positions at Coles Myer Ltd, with responsibilities for an asset portfolio worth $4 billion.
In 2016 she was named one of Australia’s top female entrepreneurs (AFR/Westpac) and is listed in the Businesswomen’s Hall of Fame, and Who’s Who of Business. She has received Prime Minsters International Trade Awards and was the 2020 Stevie Award Winner for Global Start Up of the year.