Medical Science and Medicine - M6018
Bachelor degree/Master degree
With the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) Graduate Entry course you will undertake clinical experience in some of the country’s most highly regarded centres of medical care and expertise.
Your first year of study will be undertaken at Monash Rural Health Churchill giving you an unforgettable rural experience.
Monash University is the only Victorian university to offer a direct entry medical program for students completing year 12 as well as a graduate entry program for students who are completing a specific Monash degree. These two pathways will lead you to the same degree – Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD).
Who can apply for the Graduate Entry course?
70% of places are reserved for students undertaking specific Monash degrees. To be eligible for a place in the graduate entry medicine course, you must have completed or be in the process of completing an approved Monash University undergraduate degree with a WAM of 70 or above.
Clinical site access and practical experience at Victoria’s leading healthcare providers (H2)
Study medicine in Victoria with access to a large healthcare network including the Monash Medical Centre and The Alfred, Melbourne's major casualty hospital. Clinical communication skills and hands-on experience with clinical visits is a feature of this course.
Our MD Program
Our main focus is on improving outcomes for patients by making sure that medical students are strongly connected with our academic experts and clinicians.
- Research componentYou will undertake a scholarly intensive placement under the supervision of a researcher or clinician.
- Integrated case learning (ICL) ICL sessions are small group tutorials that are structured around a clinical scenario.
- Professional Development Professional behaviour, and its importance in health service delivery, is nurtured along with the development of other skills.
- Early clinical exposureInteract with healthcare professionals through a variety of medical contact visits to hospitals and community clinics from early in your degree.
- Simulations and clinical skill workshopsSimulations and clinical skill workshops provide practical hands-on experiences and authentic scenarios from clinical practice.
- Final year trainingThe final year of the course is based upon a trainee internship model.
Monash End-to-End Rural Cohort
Are you passionate about improving health outcomes for rural communities, or curious about exploring a regional medical career? The End-to-End Rural Cohort is a group of 30 students, within the graduate entry medicine program who complete most of the MD curriculum in rural and regional Victoria.
On completion of The Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) you are eligible for provisional registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and the Medical Board of Australia. After serving a compulsory internship year of residence in an approved hospital, you become eligible for final registration in Victoria and other states of Australia.
At a glance
|First Semester (February)|
|Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine|