What you will learn
- Mindfulness neuroscience and research as it relates to education
- How mindfulness can assist in stress reduction and improve mental, physical and social health
- How mindfulness can help to foster emotional intelligence and more effective communication
- The relationship between stress, performance, attention and motivation
- The importance of dealing with distractors including technology
- The negative impacts of complex multitasking and interrupting the flow
- Practical formal and informal mindfulness techniques and how they relate to learning and teaching
- How to create a calm classroom and help students manage attention
- The importance of mindful compassion and kindness
- How mindfulness can facilitate student learning and wellbeing
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There is no assessment associated with this course.
This course references the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST): 3, 4 and 6.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.