What you will learn
- To identify and address the ethical and legal issues associated with online counselling
- To identify and respond to professional and practical considerations when setting up professional practice online
- The development of online counselling skills appropriate to various platforms including chat rooms, forums and video conferencing tools
- How to utilise synchronous and asynchronous modes of counselling with children, groups, families and adults.
- Module one: What is online counselling? The practicalities of setting up online counselling
- Module two: Ethical and legal issues in online counselling
- Module three: Video counselling
- Module four: Text based counselling
- Module five: Online counselling with children, groups and families
- Module six: The way forward – supervision and employment opportunities
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as counselling, social work or psychology is recommended.
There is no assessment associated with this program.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.
This course is provided by Faculty of Education Professional Development