Teaching Primary Mathematics through Sequences of Challenging Tasks - PDD1060
There is growing research to support the power of teaching mathematics through challenging tasks. Many generalist primary teachers are interested in experimenting with this approach, however may lack support to do so. This course aims to empower primary teachers to incorporate teaching through challenging into their classroom practice.
What you will learn
- an overview of teaching challenging tasks including enabling and extending prompts to support inclusive instruction
- how following the challenge-consolidate-extend-consolidate process can support you to develop a mini-sequence of learning built around challenging tasks
- to develop appropriate enabling and extending prompts that reflect the primary learning focus
- to orchestrate productive mathematical discussions to further the thinking of all students
- an understanding of how to sequence learning using challenging tasks including how to develop a paired task to consolidate learning, an additional task to extend learning and using the challenge-consolidate-extend-consolidate process to develop a mini-sequence of learning.
Please see fees above.