The Graduate Certificate of Telehealth will help build your skills and practice for the future in healthcare.
This course allows you the opportunity to focus on areas of relevance to your particular area of practice and to learn the best ways to implement a number of evidence-based improvements to Telehealth.
- How to set up a Telehealth practice
- Legal and ethical requirements of working remotely
- Latest Telehealth software and support
- Marketing and practice management
- Patient or client engagement
- Counselling skills in various Telehealth environments
- Screening and assessment skills
- Using Telehealth for a variety of special clients including the elderly, children and people with cognitive impairments
- Experience and understand a range of Telehealth technologies, including; telephone, videoconferencing, text-based counselling, email, online interactive psychoeducation programs and apps.
Key Benefits of studying the Graduate Certificate of Telehealth:
- Examine the most recent research evaluating what works in providing effective telehealth services and understand the telehealth management principles, including patient flow and technology requirements for both practitioners and patients.
- Learn the practical skills to provide person-centred telecare and engage with patients/clients using distant and virtual technologies.
- Gain the knowledge to develop, maintain, and sustain a telehealth-based practice and understand any barriers or limitations.
- This course is eligible for the Monash Graduate Courses Discount.