- Resilience and risk factors in children
- Understanding behavioural issues including developmental disorders such as: Autism, Asperger's, ADHD, Conduct Disorder
- The impact of learning difficulties
- Mental health issues such as anxiety
- Peer and social issues
- Defining challenging behaviour and looking at labels
- Functions of behaviour- what is the challenging behaviour communicating?
- Functional Behavioural Assessment (Tool that help us understand the WHY of challenging behaviours)
- Positive replacement behaviours (Teaching replacement behaviours and more preferable responses)
- Effective Classroom Management Practices
- PBIS (Positive Behaviour Intervention Support) and Restorative Practices
- Positive relationships
- Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Inclusivity and Disability Standards
- Anger de-escalation
This program is designed for mainstream primary school teachers, pre-service teachers and other educators and support staff.
- Your presenter will identify a variety of practical tasks during the course.
- Minimum class attendance is required.
This course references the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST): 1, 3, 4 and 6.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.