Monash is consistently recognised as one of the world’s top universities and employers are more likely to hire graduates from Monash.
It means leaders from the world’s most successful companies consistently rate Monash as a preferred university for graduates, with Times Higher Education ranking Monash as one of the top Australian universities for employability -- Graduate Employability, 2019.
While we care just as much about student experience than rankings, our dedication to academic excellence means a Monash degree is a great way to boost your career.
But a piece of paper alone won’t set you up for success -- which is why we offer specific career support and guidance.
When you study with Monash Online, you’ll receive the same level of career support during and after your studies any Monash student would -- so you can focus on your studies knowing that however you want to change your world, Monash is with you.
Monash is ready to back you with expert advice about how to use your Monash degree to help you stand out.
Our team of advisers have extensive industry experience and will help you with a series of 90-minute sessions covering:
- Understanding the employment market within your field of study
- Giving you the skills and confidence to take your career to the next level
- Creating a plan to get the job you want
In addition, we provide specific expertise on:
- How to get the most out of your post-graduate degree
- Building a career plan
- Building a career in specific regions, such as North America, Europe, or the Middle East.
Every Monash student, whether online or in-person, has the potential to change our world.
But to do that, they need to be equipped with the skills to lead.
When you study online with Monash, you’ll get access to our Leap into Leadership Online program, which will set you up to take charge in a changing world.
Here’s just a taste of what you can learn:
Foundations of leadership
For Monash students to play a role in changing their world, they need to develop leadership qualities.
In this course you’ll:
- Explore definitions of leadership, including leadership as defined in the Social Change Model of Leadership Development
- Understand the importance of leadership development, and how it can increase confidence and employability
- Examine strategies for how leadership abilities can be improved
- Create a personal leadership development plan
Communicating with impact
Communicating not just to make ourselves understood, but to inspire action, is a vital part of leadership.
You’ll learn to:
- Identify important features of verbal, written and non-verbal communication;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different forms and styles of communication;
- Apply these communication skills in the contexts of persuasion, negotiation and job interviews; and
- Compose a response to a job interview question using the STAR method
Leading high-performance teams
Learning to mould and then lead high-performing teams is crucial to your success as a leader.
With Monash, you’ll learn:
- To distinguish the characteristics of high-performing teams;
- How group dynamics can be managed to optimise team performance;
- To consider ways to overcome challenges to high performance; and
- How to develop an action plan for your team to create, improve or sustain high performance
Getting back into the workforce
Many students studying an online degree with Monash are doing so to take their career in an entire new direction -- and for many that means jumping back into the job pool for the first time in quite a while.
Luckily, Monash is here to support you getting back into the job market -- and will make sure you stand out from the pack.
Find out how to prepare for interviews in your chosen field and gain insights on the different types of interviews you may face along the way. Also learn what to do after your interview to help you stand out, without putting an employer offside.
Finding a job
Did you know most job opportunities aren’t advertised? Luckily, Monash graduates have access to unique opportunities -- and we’ll also teach you how to build your networks so you can be in the best position to succeed.
Showcasing your abilities
When you study with Monash, you’ll emerge with skills and thinking that set you apart -- but knowing how to showcase those skills is half the battle. Monash’s Student Futures program is here to help you highlight the unique insights you’ll gain at Monash to employers.
Monash is a globally connected university, helping solve complex problems. Our network gives us insight into what employers are looking for in each country, so if working overseas is on your agenda, we can help.
Dealing with setbacks
The job hunt can be a road long and full of potholes, but learning how to emerge from those potholes unscathed is key to your personal growth. Monash can help you with tools and skills to help you bounce back and emerge stronger.