Consular Corps Grant
Am I eligible?
The student must be a financially dependent child of a foreign diplomat stationed in Australia holding a current diplomatic visa. This is inclusive of the dependent children of diplomats posted to Melbourne under student visa, in addition to those holding the diplomatic visa.
You must meet the following criteria:
- The grant will only apply if the student is applying for their first degree at a university level, for example, their first undergraduate degree.
- Students must apply directly to the university, and not through an education agent.
- The grant is only available to students not receiving any other form of scholarship, bursary or grant offered onshore or offshore.
20% fee reduction to the dependent children of Consular Corps members located in Australia for the entire full time course length.
Students must achieve all entry requirements for the desired course.
To retain this grant:
- Students must maintain full-time enrolment
If the student wishes to seek a scholarship from the university for their Master level study, they will be considered on the same basis as all other international applicants.
How to apply:
Students must apply directly on My.App.
Students must provide:
- Evidence of their own student visa; and
- A certified document or Statutory Declaration that clearly states their relationship with the diplomat currently posted in Australia and that the student is not working (not earning an income themselves)
- When uploading a copy of their passport on My.app, students must add a comment against it to state that they are a dependent of a diplomat currently posted in Australia.