Achieving Potential Scholarships for Distinction
This scholarship provides access to a Monash education for talented students who may not otherwise be able to fund their studies. If you are a low income earner and achieve an ATAR of 90.00+ you may be eligible for the Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
Up to $36,000
150 per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Currently in Year 12 or IB student, or completed Year 12 or IB in previous year and has not undertaken any other tertiary study.
- Students applying to Monash from TAFE, enrolling in an undergraduate course at Monash.
- Minimum ATAR of 90.00 (minimum ATAR of 80.00 for Indigenous students) or students applying to Monash from other tertiary institutions with a high distinction average (80% or above). Students applying to Monash from other tertiary institutions are assessed based on course application, prior academic achievement and ATAR (equivalent of high distinction average).
- Have a low income.
- Commencing students: $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) for the duration of your degree.
- An invitation to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership program for first year students.
- 150 scholarships available.
- Awarded based on academic achievement and need.
- Consideration is given if, in addition to being a low income earner, you experience other forms of educational disadvantage.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 60 each semester.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.