Monash Accommodation Scholarships
Are you from a regional or remote area of Australia? If you are planning to relocate from your home to move closer to a Monash campus, you may be eligible for a Monash Accommodation Scholarship. Recipients will receive $6000 to assist with moving costs.
Monash has increased the number of these scholarships available thanks to the generous donations from Alumni and supporters of the University through the Achieving Potential fund.
From 2022 this scholarship will be known as the Monash Relocation Scholarship.
18 Jan – 12 Feb 2021
Total scholarship value
250 per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
$6000 for one year only to assist with relocation costs
250 per year
- Based on need.
- In addition to having low income or being and Indigenous Australian and living in a remote area, consideration will be given to other forms of disadvantage such as difficult circumstances, recent refugee, disability or medical condition, or attended an under-represented school.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50 in Semester 1
- If stated in your offer letter, you may be asked to provide an annual progress report to donors, giving you an opportunity to share your experiences and benefits
How to apply
- For Year 12 students, submit a scholarship application through VTAC.
- This scholarship can be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.