Monash Mentor Scholarships
Are you interested in mentoring students from under-represented high schools? The Monash Mentor Scholarship recognises excellence for those participating in the Access Monash Mentoring Program. You will have the opportunity to develop your leadership, public speaking and teamwork skills, while being a mentor to high school students.
This scholarship is available to commencing students with an ATAR of 80.00+ and current students with a minimum Weighted Average Mark of at least 65%. As the Monash Mentor Scholarship is designed to support students who may not otherwise be able to participate in volunteering, preference will be given to students from under-represented communities.
Monash has increased the number of these scholarships available thanks to the generous donations from Alumni and supporters of the University through the Achieving Potential fund.
3 Aug - 30 Oct 2020
Total scholarship value
Up to $16,000
300+ per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing or continuing student who has completed VCE or equivalent in Australia, and
- Intending to enrol or be enrolled in an undergraduate degree at Monash, and
- Selected to be an Access Monash Mentor, and able to commit to mentoring up to 3 mentees, and
- Demonstrated commitment to making a difference to others through leadership and community involvement, and commitment to higher education, and
- Commencing students, must achieve an ATAR of at least 80.00.
- Continuing students who have completed at least 2 semesters of study must have a minimum 65% Weighted Average Mark
- $2,000 per semester ($4000 per annum) for a maximum of 4 years.
- Develop your leadership, public speaking and teamwork skills
- Participate in leadership and networking opportunities with senior Monash staff, alumni and community leaders
- 300+ scholarships available per year.
This scholarship is awarded based on academic achievement, Access Monash Mentor application and interview performance.
Preference will be given to students from under-represented communities and those who can provide face-to-face mentoring at Access Monash partner schools in Melbourne’s south-eastern suburbs.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain enrolment in a Monash University undergraduate degree and fulfil the requirements of the Access Monash Mentor role.
How to apply
- To be considered for this scholarship, you must apply to become an Access Monash Mentor by 30 October 2020.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.