Sir John Monash Scholarships for Excellence
This scholarship is offered to the 10 highest-achieving international students studying Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate in Australia. If you have an ATAR of 98.00+ or equivalent, you will be automatically considered for this scholarship when you apply for a Monash undergraduate degree through VTAC.
No application required
Total scholarship value
Up to $40,000
10 per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate in Australia
- Intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- $10,000 per annum (48 credit points of study), up to a maximum of four years.
- An invitation to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership program for first-year students.
- Recipients may be asked to participate or be profiled in relevant Monash marketing, recruitment and promotional activities
- 10 scholarships available per year
- Based on academic achievement and offered to the highest-achieving students.
- ATAR of 98.00+ or equivalent
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70 or above each semester.
- You must remain enrolled as an international student.
How to apply
- No application is required.
- All eligible students who apply for an undergraduate course through VTAC will be automatically assessed.
- This scholarship can be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.