Accounting Work Integrated Learning Scholarship
This scholarship provides the opportunity for a number of students to undertake work placement in an established organisation in the accounting field. Students will be able to gain experience and utilise the workplace skills developed during their accounting degree.
Total scholarship value
Varies depending on funding
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Current students enrolled full-time in one of the following degrees, or double degree, at a Monash campus in Australia:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Majoring in accounting
- Be available full-time for up to 14 weeks
- Satisfactorily completed:
- 48 credit points including AFC/ACC1100 and ACF/ACC2100 to be eligible for the second-year Semester 2 placement, or
- 72 credit points including ACC1100, ACF/ACC2100 and ACF/ACC2200 for the Summer semester or Semester 1 placement.
- Have a Weighted Average Mark of 70 or above across all units completed in accounting
- Be in the penultimate year of study with one full-time year remaining
- $8000 per placement for one semester. Students are eligible for up to two placements over their second and third years.
- The number of placements offered varies depending on available funding.
- Based on academic achievement, application, video interview and performance at an interview with the host.
To retain this scholarship:
- Students must maintain full-time enrolment and satisfactory academic performance as determined by the faculty.
The Unit Codes:
- BEX3024 Industry Based Learning Project Unit
- BEX3012/3112 Work Placement Unit
Please note that these placements are full-time.
How to apply
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Application/Placement cannot be deferred.
- If you have any questions regarding this scholarship program or the application process please contact the WIL team.
Phone: 9903 8866
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.