Bernard and Wendy Marin Family Support for Indigenous Student Scholarship
This scholarship is designed to support Indigenous Australian students to complete an internship placement as part of the Bachelor of Arts Internship subject or an international study tour unit offered by the Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation.
No application required
Total scholarship value
Three per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be of Indigenous Australian background.
- Enrolled full-time in the Bachelor of Arts and in the second or third year ATS3129 Arts Internship Unit.
- Undertaking placement in Australia or overseas; or
- Enrolled in one of the following International Study Tour units offered by the Australian Centre for Jewish Civilization
- ATS3314/APG4314 Seeking Justice: South Africa and Rwanda
- ATS3284/ATS4286 Final Journey: Remembering the Holocaust
- ATS3287/ATS4287/APG4287 War and Peace: Models of Conflict Resolution
- $3000 one-off payment to support you to complete your internship
- Three scholarships available per year
- Applicants will be automatically assessed when they submit an application for the relevant placement program through the Faculty of Arts.
- In instances where there are two or more suitable candidates, an interview may also be conducted by ACJC.
- Priority may be offered for students undertaking a Holocaust and Genocide Studies or Jewish Studies Minor.
- Preference will be given to students who can articulate how the internship will enhance their professional or academic development.
- Consideration is given to academic achievement in previous tertiary studies.
How to apply
- No application is required. All eligible students will be automatically assessed.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- You will be asked to provide a written progress report on the benefits of this scholarship to the donor and the Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation website at the conclusion of the unit, accompanied by a photograph.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.