Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships
A scholarship provided by the Australian Government to assist Indigenous students who must move from a rural or regional area to study at Monash. The value is up to $5276 to assist with accommodation and relocation costs.
Total scholarship value
Variable (Depending on funding)
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Indigenous Australian
You must meet the following criteria:
You must also be:
- A student who, within the four years prior to commencing university, has either:
- lived in a regional or remote area of Australia for at least three years
- completed the final two years of your schooling in a high school or college in a regional or remote area.
- moved away from a regional or remote area to complete the final two years of your schooling or to undertake vocational training (e.g. TAFE), in a major city.
- A student who has moved from a regional or remote area to study at Monash. Or, if you have moved from a regional or remote area to complete your secondary schooling, you must remain in a major city during university.
- A student who will incur additional accommodation costs.
- A student who has not previously completed the requirements of a bachelor's degree or high-level award.
- You are not eligible if you have previously completed the requirements of a bachelor's degree or high-level award, unless such an award is a prerequisite to the current undergraduate course of study (e.g. completing a bachelor's degree and then enrolling in an honours degree).
- The maximum duration you can have access to one or more Commonwealth scholarships is a total of eight scholarship periods (i.e. twice yearly for up to four years).
- $5276 for one year only (48 credit points of study)
- Varies (Depending on funding)
- Based on need.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time on-campus enrolment, and verify this each semester.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.