Commonwealth Education Cost Scholarships
A scholarship provided by the Australian Government to assist Indigenous students with the costs of studying at university. The total value is $2637.
Total scholarship value
Variable (Depending on funding)
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Indigenous Australian
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing full-time undergraduate student in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) or Graduate Diploma of Education at a Monash campus in Australia (including the Diploma of Tertiary Studies)
- Have a low income
- You are not eligible if you have previously completed the requirements of a bachelor's degree or high-level award, unless such an award is a prerequisite to the current undergraduate course of study (e.g. completing a bachelor's degree and then enrolling in an honours degree).
- The maximum duration you can have access to one or more Commonwealth scholarships is a total of eight scholarship periods (i.e. twice yearly for up to four years).
- You may hold a Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship and Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship concurrently but not sequentially.
- $2,637 for one year only (48 credit points)
- Varies (Depending on funding)
- This scholarship is awarded based on need.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time on-campus enrolment, and verify this each semester.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.