Donovan-Johnston Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was introduced at the bequest of Kathleen Mary Johnston to support students from the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences with accommodation costs associated with living in the Monash University Halls of Residence or Mannix College.
No application required
Total scholarship value
Up to $20,000
Up to two per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing full-time undergraduate student in either the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (including any associated Law double degrees) or Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine, and
- A student with a permanent residence that is more than 80 kilometers from the Melbourne General Post Office, and
- Indending to live at Monash Residential Services (MRS) at Clayton campus or Mannix College. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- $4000 per annum for a maximum of two years for students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- $4000 per annum for a maximum of five years for students enrolled in the Bachelor of Laws (or law double degrees)
- Two scholarships available per year. Scholarships are awarded consecutively.
- Based on academic achievement (ATAR score or equivalent).
To retain this scholarship:
- You must reside in MRS or Mannix College accommodation.
- You must maintain full-time enrolment and a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 each semester.
- You will be required to provide a one-page report for the donor at the end of the academic year, detailing your achievements over the course of the year and the impact the scholarship has had on you.
How to apply
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- No application is required. All eligible students who apply for an undergraduate course through VTAC will be automatically assessed.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.