Dr CM Tay Leadership Scholarship
This scholarship has been created for students with exceptional communications skills who is studying engineering and is a participant in the Engineering Leadership Program.
Dr Chang Mong Tay (BE 1974) graduated from the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at Monash University with a First Class Honours. Studying under the prestigious Colombo Plan Scholarship, his studies were subsidised by the Department of Education in Melbourne.
It is with this spirit that Dr Tay donated money towards student scholarships and bursaries in the Faculty of Engineering.
"Monash has made me what I am today from my humble background - and the spirit of passing on scholarships and bursaries to the talented and disadvantaged students must sustain" he said.
Total scholarship value
up to $30,000
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be participating in the Engineering Leadership Program
- Be enrolled full-time in any single or double degree in the Faculty of Engineering at a Monash campus in Australia
- Be specialising in one of: Aerospace; Chemical; Civil; Computer Systems; Electrical and Computer Systems; Environmental; Materials; Mechanical; Mechatronics
- Have a low income
$10,000 per year for three years
Two scholarships are awarded each year.
- Awarded based on need, academic achievement and demonstration of the following attributes in the interview:
- Committed to never giving up or being discouraged
- Capacity and willingness to lead and achieve through team work
- Savvy, clever, creative and independent thinker
- Excellent cross-cultural skills
- Ability to learn or understand
- Capacity to perceive, assess and manage the emotions of one’s self and of others
- Ability to respond to change and challenges
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time enrolment and a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70.
How to apply
- This scholarship cannot be deferred
- To apply, submit your application to the Faculty of Engineering.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.