Dr Herbert Gibson Rural Health Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction
A scholarship for students who are studying medicine and have a low income or are from a regional or remote area of Australia.
Dr Herbert Gibson was born in Bendigo and moved to Melbourne to study Medicine at Monash. He later became an academic staff member at Monash, and devoted his life to the care of marginalised people.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
Up to $30,000
Variable (Depending on funding)
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) up to a maximum of five years.
- Variable (Depending on funding)
- Based on academic achievement and need.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time enrolment.
- You will be asked to provide a progress report on the benefits of this scholarship to the donor at the end of the year.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.