Gippsland Education Trust Grant
A scholarship for students studying medicine who have a commitment to health in the Wellington and Gippsland Shire. The total value is $10,000 and two scholarships are offered each year. You must be studying a Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine, and be a resident of the Wellington or Gippsland shire for at least five years prior to tertiary study.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
Two per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing a full-time Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree including the graduate entry Medicine degree at the Monash Churchill campus.
- Or have successfully completed Year 2 or Year A or the Monash Medicine degree and commencing Year 3 or Year B as part of the two year Gippsland Rural Cohort Program based in Gippsland.
- Resident of a Gippsland shire for at least two years prior to tertiary study.
- $10,000 one-off payment.
- Two scholarships available per year.
- Based on academic achievement and your commitment to health in the Wellington and Gippsland Shire.
- Applicants must provide a statement in their application in regards to their commitment to health in the Gippsland Shire and outline their understanding of health issues in rural and regional Victoria.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time enrolment.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.