Gordon Preston Pure Mathematics Honours Scholarship
This award is for Monash mathematics undergraduates who want to further their passion in pure mathematics through research study. You will receive $5000 to assist you with your honours year.
Created in memory of the late Gordon Preston - one of the founding professors of the School of Mathematical Sciences at Monash - the scholarship rewards high-achieving mathematics students at Monash.
The late Gordon Preston himself, received a scholarship to the University of Oxford and proceeded to graduate with first class honours in mathematics. Gordon left the UK and migrated to Australia in 1963, where he took the position Chair of Mathematics at Monash.
No application required
Total scholarship value
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing or continuing an honours degree of Bachelor of Science, or the 48-credit point honours year in the Bachelor of Science Advanced with Honours, in pure mathematics, in the School of Mathematical Sciences
- Supervised by a staff member within the School of Mathematical Sciences
- Have achieved a Weighted Average Mark of 90 or above in 24 credit points of relevant mathematics units at Level Three
$5000 for one year only (48 credit points of study)
One per year
Based on academic achievement.
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain full-time enrolment.
How to apply
- No application is required. All students who apply for the relevant course will be automatically assessed.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.