Hong Kong Alumni Scholarship
Are you a Hong Kong citizen wishing to study at Monash University? Funded by Monash alumni in Hong Kong, this scholarship was created to support high-achieving students from a low income family who wish to undertake an undergraduate degree at Monash. The scholarship will cover your full international course fees as well as accommodation, health insurance, return airfare and living costs.
1 May - 22 June 2018
Total scholarship value
Up to $254,000
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- A citizen of Hong Kong
You must meet the following criteria:
- Intending to enrol in a full-time undergraduate degree at Monash (Bachelor)
- Be a newly commencing student applying to study at a Monash campus in Australia
- Have achieved the minimum entry requirements for your preferred course
- Demonstrate that you are from a low income household
- $63,000 per annum (48 credit points of study) paid per year until the minimum points for your degree are completed, up to four years.
- To be used for tuition fees and to contribute towards accommodation, living costs, health insurance, a return economy flight each year and visa costs.
One per year
Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (750 words) and financial support statement (500 words).
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 65 and remain enrolled as an international student.
How to apply
- You must submit a separate application form for this scholarship
- Please send both the course and scholarship applications to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header "Hong Kong Alumni Scholarship - NAME"
- Applications open 1 May - 22 June 2018
- You must submit evidence of your family’s annual household income in 2016 (certified copies of your parents' BIR60 translated into English). We would also welcome supplementary evidence such as your eligibility for the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Scheme (CSSA), Tertiary Student Finance Scheme (TSFS) or School Textbook Assistance Scheme (STAS).
- Applications for double degrees are ineligible for this scholarship
- This scholarship cannot be deferred
- For more information, visit Monash University International Scholarship Programs or email email@example.com
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.