Hong Kong Alumni Scholarship
Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence
Are you an international student from Hong Kong looking to enrol in an undergraduate degree?
This life-changing and prestigious scholarship is generously funded by some of the 9,000 Monash alumni who live and work in Hong Kong – alumni who are passionate about making an outstanding international education available to young people from the region. This scholarship changes lives by supporting financially disadvantaged students reach their full potential by undertaking study at Monash University.
If successful, your tuition fee and related study costs (accommodation, airfares and more) will be fully supported, enabling you to complete a full-time undergraduate degree at any of Monash University’s Australian campuses, as well as the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in Australian culture.
In addition, the Hong Kong Alumni Scholarship recipient will also have access to study and social support, the chance to apply for internships and other non-financial opportunities from Monash University
11 May - 19 July 2020
Total scholarship value
Up to $260,000 AUD
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of Hong Kong
- Be a newly commencing student applying for a full-time Monash course offer in any undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia
- Have achieved the minimum entry requirements for your preferred course
- Demonstrate that you are from a low income household
- Tuition fees
- $10,000 AUD allowance per year
- On-campus accommodation. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- Student visa costs
- One return flights home each year
- One scholarship is available in 2020 for commencement in February 2021
Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (750 words) and financial support statement (500 words).
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 65 and remain enrolled as an international student.
How to apply
- Applications close on 19 July 2020.
- More information on the scholarship can be found here.
- For this scholarship, you must submit a separate online application form.
- All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by 13 August 2020.
- Alternatively, you may download an offline application form and send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header "HK Alumni Scholarship - [Your Name]."
- Applications for this scholarship will have their $ 100-course application fee waived. Please request a waiver code from email@example.com before you submit your course application.
- More information and entry requirements for international undergraduate courses 2021.
- You must submit evidence of your family’s annual household income in 2019 (certified copies of your parents' BIR60 translated into English). We would also welcome supplementary evidence such as your eligibility for the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Scheme (CSSA), Tertiary Student Finance Scheme (TSFS) or School Textbook Assistance Scheme (STAS).
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications for double degrees are ineligible for this scholarship.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- By applying for this scholarship, you will automatically be considered for the K.C Kuok Scholarship.
- We are aware that schools may delay examination due to COVID-19, and will ensure that our timeline is updated regularly to reflect these changes.
- Extended 2020 application deadline - Sunday 19 July.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.